Monday 14 January 2013

Vignetting

In the darkroom I experimented with creating a vignette around my images. Firstly I folded an A4 piece of black paper in half then cut out a fairly small semi-circle in the middle of the folded side of paper. Once opened out the paper had a circle cut out in the center, this is what I used to create the vignetting effect. In the darkroom I set my my enlarger with my desired negative in the negative carrier. I held the black paper a couple of inches above the photographic paper and exposed my image for 12 seconds. I moved the black card round in small circles so that the edges would become faded.

To create the black vignetting I exposed my image for the correct time then held a cut out circle above my paper and moved it in a circular motion whilst exposing for an extra 7.5 seconds.









No comments:

Post a Comment