Monday 17 September 2012

Stacey Page


Stacey Page embroiders over vintage photographs to enhance the image and make it more interesting to the viewer, to make it something different.
I made my own embroidered photographs inspired by Stacey Page but simplified the stitching. My first attempt was very basic as I only stitched around the window. My second embroidered photograph I stitched along the black beams. This way to enhance an image would work with a wide variety of images. With mine I chose quite simple ways to stitch the photographs. For my first attempt I could have thought of stitching the diamonds and squares in the window in different colours to make it look like a stained glass window rather than stitching around the window frame. The stitching on the black and white house I think worked well with the subject as there is not many elements I could have stitched except for the beams, the flags and the sign. 



No comments:

Post a Comment