Monday 19 March 2012

Rankin Destroy Analysis

The 'Destroy Rankin' project was to mark the 10th anniversary of Youth Music, the UK's largest music charity for young people. Musicians were photographed by Rankin then they 'destroyed' one of their photographs. Over 90 Musicians were asked to take part in the project. They could destroy the image in any way they wished, whether it be ripping it up, painting on it or to express themselves on the photo.

I love the way his work is so imaginative and creative, and the not one piece of work is the same, each individual picture has its own response to 'destroy'. My favourite piece is Debbie Harry's photograph, link, I like the use of different materials such as masking tape and string, it makes you want to feel the work as its gone from a 2D photograph to a edited piece of work. I love the fact that these materials were used as they are usually used to fix things, whereas in this work is it used to 'destroy' the image.  

3 comments:

  1. I admit, I have not been on this web page in a long time... however it was another joy to see It is such an important topic and ignored by so many, even professionals. professionals. I thank you to help making people more aware of possible issues. Interior Photographer in London

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special about them. It seems to me all of them are really brilliant! female portrait photographer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please let me know if you’re looking for a article writer for your site. You have some really great posts and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d absolutely love to write some material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an email if interested. Thank you! Wedding Vendors

    ReplyDelete